INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Upon using Catalyst, we automatically collect and store certain information about your mobile device or computer and your activities when using Catalyst. This information includes:
- Your preferences and settings (including but not limited to time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.)
- The buttons and controls you clicked on
- How long you used Catalyst and which services and features you used
- Your mobile device's unique ID number
- Your mobile device's GPS while the application is actively running
- The online or offline status of your Catalyst account
- Your computer's IP address
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (including but not limited to type of device, web browser, and/or operating system)
In order to register, you will have the option of choosing to sign-in using either your Facebook login, Twitter login, or the opportunity to create a unique Catalyst account. By allowing us to access your Facebook and/or Twitter account, you understand and agree to allow us to access your name and connected email address. We will never post anything to Facebook and/or Twitter without your explicit and purposeful permission within the application.
You may also, under your discretion, provide information about yourself (such as your gender, relationship status, or location). Any additional pictures or information you provide may be publicly displayed. If you wish, we will delete your account information; to do so, please terminate your account by sending a request to email@example.com.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable screens or pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Beyond the specific privacy features we have incorporated into the application, we cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, accordingly, we encourage you to practice caution with respect to your personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to provide and improve our services, customize services for you, better understand our users, and diagnose and fix problems.
While your Catalyst application is active, we keep track of your device's GPS location in order to connect you to Catalyst users and provide accurate check-in locations.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE & YOUR CHOICES
You have complete discretion in choosing whether or not to provide information to Catalyst. However, it should be noted that if you choose to not disclose certain information, you may not be able to successfully register and access the full range of services and features provided by Catalyst.
You can also choose who you receive messages from and who you block within the application. You can further choose to limit the dissemination of information by choosing to "hide from friends" and thus keep certain information hidden from your Catalyst friends. Because of the nature of Catalyst, absolutely no one will be able to contact you or access information beyond your profile picture and name without your express permission by either liking and/or friending that user.
You may delete your account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Catalyst employs reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. There are specific risks of transmitting any kind of data over the public Internet and we cannot guarantee to successfully remove every potential risk. Under no circumstances should you use Catalyst to transmit confidential or privileged information of any sort.
USE OF INFORMATION BY OTHERS
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through Catalyst, except as described hereafter:
- We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, including but not limited to the total number of our users and their overall demographics;
- We may disclose any information in response to a legal request, by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity;
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
- We may share certain information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to accomplish that work;
- We may share any personal information in accordance with the consent you have provided.
We do not allow persons under 13 years old to register for and/or access Catalyst. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from persons under the age of 13 years old.